Re: Re: Who coined the term "3D printing"?

From: Bathsheba <b_at_bathsheba.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:26:44 -0500

It's so very nearly present in Hull's stereolithography patent -- the
words "three dimensional" and "printing" are both used but never in the
same sentence. I can see how, reading that a few times, the phrase
might coalesce in one's mind.

It's interesting to me that although "print" is used a few times, Hull's
verb of choice is clearly "form", which is used to describe the overall
process many more times and in more immediate contexts. In all the
bickering I've seen about what the vernacular term would be, I think I
never saw that option considered. Yet it wouldn't have been a bad
choice -- I feel like there must be a nearby alternate timeline where it
prevailed.

-Bathsheba
--
Bathsheba Grossman                           Bathsheba Sculpture LLC
http://bathsheba.com                         Free Forms