Re: Small-scale accurate scanner

From: Bathsheba <b_at_bathsheba.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 19:04:27 -0400

On 10/3/2016 05:30 PM, RPES12 wrote:
> The only commercial product I am aware of that comes close to matching
> your wish list is the Fuel3D kit:
>
> https://www.fuel-3d.com/
>
> That said, price is slightly over (1495) and res is slight lower (.35 -
> claimed).

Thanks! This confirms my feeling that there's nothing in production
that offers the resolution that I need. The specialization here --
where the high price is coming from -- seems to be scan speed, which
wouldn't matter to me since I just want to scan rocks etc.

> Might be worth a look, and I would stake my hat on the fact that they
> would be keen to talk to you regardless for a a given project if you
> give them some publicity later on - quid pro quo so to speak!

I appreciate the vote of confidence...but dang it, talking won't make
their scanner more precise.

-Bathsheba
--
Bathsheba Grossman                           Bathsheba Sculpture LLC
http://bathsheba.com                         Free Forms