RE: Scan data for 3D printing

From: Makai Smith <Makai.Smith_at_bentley.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:07:55 +0000

MeshLab will do it. Imports PLY, exports STL.

....ahh the ole Cyberware head scanner. I had the pleasure of scanning the multitudes as a volunteer at SIGGRAPH 2000. The scans reminded me of daguerreotype portraits, the facial expression being of someone told, "Hold still and don't look at the camera!"

-Makai