Fwd: Cost of DYI 3DP Powder System

From: Greg <coteart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 15:55:14 -0400

Dear RP-ML,

Please forgive me for not writing to you for such a long time!:-(
Currently I'm working with local community groups (i.e. Space Coast FabLab
<http://www.spacecoastfablab.org/>, Melbourne Makerspace
<http://melbournemakerspace.org/>, etc.).
Pwdr Model 0.1 <http://pwdr.github.io/>

Pwdr is an open source powder-based rapid prototyping machine. Its goal is
to promote experiments and innovations in powder-based rapid-prototyping.
The machine is ready to use both the 3DP as the SLS process with minimal
adaption, although the printer is currently prepped for 3DP.
Hardware

The Pwdr Model 0.1 consists of chassis, tool head and electronics. The
printer entirely consists of off-the-shelf components. It has a simple
design and can be built within a couple of hours. The machine is easy and
affordable to build and modify. Building a Pwdr Model 0.1 machine costs
about €1000,-.
​Do you think it might be able to be done for less, and if so, please give
specifics?​

Best Regards
Greg Pettengill <http://coteart.com>

Building sustainable agriculture, alternative economies and ways of living
that, contradictory and flawed as they sometimes might be, are nonetheless
experiments in ways of being free.
Raj Patel "Stuffed and Starved"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuffed_and_Starved>