Re: [rp-ml] RP Patents article

From: Michael Armbruster <michaelarmbruster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 20:00:19 -0700

It was sort of funny, but it's not the fall on the floor satire that you'd
find from the guys who work at The Onion. I liked how even though it takes
3D Systems months to make a proper machine, the Maker community will be
able to spit them right out with zero budget. That was good. Also, the way
he referenced the machine from the MIT guys, which isn't even an SLS
machine, was sort of funny, I suppose. He did a good job of pretending to
be one of those writers who makes completely ludicrous statements and
clearly has no idea what he's talking about in the 3DP world. I wouldnt
hire him to work for the staff of Arrested Development or anything, but it
wasnt bad.

- Michael

On Jul 27, 2013 7:12 PM, "Tracy Taylor" <modeltweaker_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a good article. There are a few errors, but it doesn't change the
message. Who invented FDM...

> In any case I would love to get a machine here at home so that I can
teach my daughter to be a maker. Anything that reduces cost or makes better
technology available should be good for competition.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/07/get-ready-3d-printing-will-explode-next-year-when-key-patents-expire/278008/