Re: [rp-ml] The future of rp-ml

From: Seppo J Niemi <zaphod_at_ameba.lpt.fi>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:50:27 +0300

Thank you all for your kind replies, both on and off the list. I
received so many emails that I won't be able to send a proper reply to
each of you personally. I'm sorry for that, but I hope you understand.

It's good to see that the good ol' rp-ml still has an important part
in the RP community and so many of you were willing to assist in
finding a new home for the list.

In my opinion it is important that the list should be managed and
hosted by a non-profit organization and, being a Finn myself, I
thought it would be nice if the list would stay in Finland. Therefore
I am pleased to inform you that FIRPA (Finnish Rapid Prototyping
Association) has agreed to provide the necessary server capacity to
continue running the list.

The technical details are still being worked out, but fortunately
there is no hurry. I can keep the old server running until the end of
August. It is possible that a new domain name will be registered for
the list, something like rp-ml.org.

I will get back to you as soon as there is something new to tell about
the future of the list.

Seppo

PS. As to the matter of having been made redundant, it is not as bad
    as it sounds. I have had another job for a long time now, and this
    sysadmin work has been just a hobby for me. I'm just a little bit
    sorry that it had to end, but fortunately I still have the rp-ml :-)