Re: [rp-ml] RE: de-powdering mass quantities of sintered parts?

From: Markus Hitter <mah_at_jump-ing.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:32:00 +0100

Am 21.01.2013 um 23:02 schrieb Amend, Matthew J:

> We're thinking along the concept of a drive-through carwash. Put
> them into some sort of cage that gets blasted by HP air and then by
> beads. Preferably all within an enclosure.

For big professional kitchens, drive-through dishwashers exist. For
smaller kitchens, dishwashing hoods exist, which work by pulling them
down over a basket with the dishes/parts. In case you don't want to
clean with water (dust free!), it shouldn't be too difficult to
replace the water nozzles with HP air ones.

There are also semi-automatic (place the parts & wait) sandblasting
cabinets which likely work without sand, too.

Markus Hitter

Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/