[rp-ml] Stratasys merger, taxes, and lawsuits

From: Marshall Burns <ListMail2_at_fabbers.com>
Date: Wed Dec 26 2012 - 23:35:42 EET

Are there others here who are affected by the Stratasys merger with Objet
and its tax consequences, as well as the proposed class action lawsuits that
have arisen related to that?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the merger is defined in the proxy
statement at

www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915735/000104746912007980/a2210605zdefm14a.h
tm ,

where the tax consequences are at

www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915735/000104746912007980/a2210605zdefm14a.h
tm#cu15001_material_united_states_federal__mat05847and and the lawsuits are
mentioned at

www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915735/000104746912007980/a2210605zdefm14a.h
tm#cu15001_litigation_related_to_the_merger .

A tentative settlement of the lawsuits is announced in the documents at

www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915735/000120677412003970/0001206774-12-0039
70-index.htm .

I'm reviewing them now, and I'm interested to know if others have been
looking at this. The tax consequences are quite onerous for someone who has
held this stock for a long time and intends to continue holding it.