[rp-ml] Helisys LOM-2030H

From: Joe Veldhuis <joe_at_selecteng.com>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2012 - 16:50:41 EEST

Hello list!

We have a Helisys LOM-2030H that has been sitting idle for a few years now, and I want to try to get it running again. The machine seems to be more-or-less operational, and as far as I know it hasn't been moved or otherwise altered since it was last used. However, when I power up the machine and start LOMSlice, I get the error message "Platform motor alarm was detected", and the software fails to connect.

I don't know if it's related or not, but I notice that one of the relays (labeled #3) is opening and closing once every second.

Any advice?

Joe Veldhuis
Select Manufacturing Services
1210 E. Barney Ave