RE: [rp-ml] QR code on Zcorp plaster?

From: Greg Paulsen <GPaulsen_at_protoprod.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2012 - 21:40:35 EEST

I agree that ZCorp is probably the way to go for QR codes as a proof of
concept because placing the image on the part is relatively easy.
However, if you are designing the QR image as a relief on the part you
can build in other 3DP methods such as SLS. You just need a stamp pad or
inked surface to stamp the bottom of the parts and highlight the code.

Also, see 3D System's SLS Design Guide - Plastics, #4 "Barcodes" (quoted
below):

Aztec Barcodes appear to be optimal for SLS Manufacturing. Make the
cells <1mm cubed. Note that you must apply contrast ink to the raised
surfaces of the barcode to enable or accelerate image capture when
exposed to a scanner.

Gregory M. Paulsen

Prototype Productions, Inc.

gpaulsen@protoprod.com <mailto:gpaulsen@protoprod.com>