Re: [rp-ml] Video - 3D Printing Basics

From: Adrian Bowyer <A.Bowyer_at_bath.ac.uk>
Date: Sun May 20 2012 - 12:23:08 EEST

Where does this idea that RepRaps don't use support come from?

As far as I am aware all the major software packages that support (!)
RepRap compute support, and the machines then lay it down whan asked to...

And unlike commercial systems you can completely configure it. For
example with some RepRap packages you can choose to compute support
for some areas of a build and leave it out for others. You can also
decide the patterns that are used, or create your own. And so on and
so on.

Best wishes

Adrian

Dr Adrian Bowyer