Re: [rp-ml] Kickstarter RP "Kit" Project

From: Markus Hitter <mah_at_jump-ing.de>
Date: Sat Dec 17 2011 - 20:03:33 EET

Am 17.12.2011 um 14:06 schrieb Adrian Bowyer:

>> - With open source hardware, developers collect the work, kit
>> vendors collect the money.
>
> Not quite fair - Brook and Co are also the developers of the RepRap
> Printrbot.

I apologize if this sounded unfair, I just meant unlike with open
source software, there is no point in doing development exclusively.
One has first of all to be a vendor to receive the benefits of the
RepRap project.

For those who can't wait, Printrbot clones appeared already:

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=printrbot&sa=Search

Markus Hitter

Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/