[rp-ml] Thoughts on turning loose plaster into a gelatinous type material?

From: Buddy Smith <buddy.smith_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon Jul 11 2011 - 19:12:25 EEST

Hi all,

I'm working with a podiatrist who wants to 3D print CT scan data of feet.

One idea I had would be to print using a plaster based machine like
the Z-Corp. After the print, I'd like some way to turn the support /
non-set plaster into a gelatinous material, so that the floating loose
fragments that are printed will still be there.

Does anyone have ideas of a process that would turn loose plaster into
something roughly gelatinous? Or some method to replace the loose
plaster slowly, without disturbing small fragments?

--buddy