Re: [rp-ml] You mean like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?

From: G. Sachs <sachsg_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 19:30:46 EET

Those are 40 year old examples Brock - young people today only care about USING
technology, not studying 10, or more years, in order to be able to develop it.
The modern day counter example might better be Mark Zuckerberg, who only had to
invest a few years of effort before becoming a billionaire (partly with luck).
 Far easier to make $100k+/yr. on Wall Street, at a law firm, by going into
politics, or by becoming a doctor, etc. Don't even get me started when it comes
to the prospects for independent inventors in America - essentially zero now. We
have to face it, when it comes to developing great new technologies that can
create lots of new jobs (such as alternative energy), the U.S. is in serious
trouble.

Regards,
G. Sachs

P.S. My guess would be the kid will go into medicine or law :-)