[rp-ml] Thanks Hannu

From: G. Sachs <sachsg_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed Nov 24 2010 - 17:24:35 EET

Thanks Hannu for the update and numbers and thanks for starting the rp-ml - you were WAY ahead of Facebook (and for the technical crowd, your efforts may have been much more significant)! That's mainly what I was interested in finding out, but it's nice to hear from all those still out there too. It seems pretty unanimous that the popular social networking sites would not be the best for discussion of RP/AM matters and I agree as well, but maybe it was good to get a consensus on this, 15 years after Hannu started this forum (and this could be a record on the net). It's kind of sad, though, that at one time, I think, there were over 1400 subscribers and that may be part of the reason there isn't more discussion here today. Also, Hannu, would it be possible to send out an automated count of subscibers to the list, once or twice a year? I think this would help us stay updated on the health of the rp-ml and not make us think we are all alone here and cause us to send out test messages every so often. Regards, G. Sachs ________________________________ From: Hannu Kaikonen <hannu.kaikonen@phnet.fi> To: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi Sent: Wed, November 24, 2010 2:41:44 AM Subject: Re: [rp-ml] Question about rp-ml Hello all Even though my work is now more related to service design than RP, it is still nice to be here ;) The headcount this morning showed some 350 subscribers. The number has been slowly growing after the Great Cleanup Zaphod did some time ago. Nice :) Social media is good. I'm in a quite a few services myself. There are plenty of Good pages about RP, also in FB and I encourage people to go and get involved. I have nothing against the idea of someone creating and administrating a high quality FB fan page for rp-ml. Still, through its existence, rp-ml has been, and probably will always be a mailing list. I see no need to change that to anything else. There is room for all sorts of pages, newsgroups and even mailing lists, but I think there’s no need for any other to be called rp-ml. Being a part of a community is getting involved, so keep those messages coming. Yours truly -- Rapid Dude owner rp-ml * Share and Enjoy!*