[rp-ml] Bio-compatible RP Materials

From: Chuck Stapleton <chuck_at_churtle.com>
Date: Wed Nov 24 2010 - 08:54:41 EET

Hello everyone,

We currently have an RP machine that uses materials that have been certified
by the manufacturer as biocompatible (they have provided all test
documentation).

We are having some discussion about whether or not we need to conduct our
own testing for our particular process. However, we do not treat the
materials with anything special: we follow the standard cleanup procedures
and then use the product.

I work for a dental company, so our use in intra-oral, for an exposure time
to the patient bone (enamel and dentine) and gingiva for only a few minutes.

This may be out of scope for the mailing list, but can someone comment on
whether or not we would need further testing if our RP manufacturer has
already certified their own material?

Thanks for any help.

-Chuck Stapleton