RE: [rp-ml] Recycled SLS Nylon parts

From: David K. Leigh <dkleigh_at_harvest-tech.com>
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 16:41:22 EEST

My experience with inert plastics is that the energy required to change
them into a useful form has a larger "footprint" than disposing of them.
While the intent for recycling is very good and well meaning, many times
it is analogous to getting a perpetual motion machine to work. One of
the great things about some of the LS materials is that they are not
petroleum based polymers but agricultural based.

David K. Leigh

Harvest Technologies | Rapid Prototyping and Production Services

1000 Industrial Park Rd. | Belton | TX | 76513

Phone: 254.933.1000 | Fax: 254.298.0125

www.harvest-tech.com <http://www.harvest-tech.com/> | "Where Innovation
Takes Shape"