Re: [rp-ml] FW: RP-ML subscription confirmation (SCAM!)

From: Markus Hitter <mah_at_jump-ing.de>
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 22:23:44 EET

Am 12.01.2010 um 14:41 schrieb Seppo J Niemi:

> Anderson, Theodore {Ted} (MSFC-EM40)[Raytheon - Jacobs] writes:
>
>> See fake rp-ml administration notice I received this morning; just
>> wanted to warn every on the rp-ml list of this scam.
>
> What on earth made you reach this conclusion? It is NOT SCAM!

Well, I must admit at the first glance I thought of SCAM as well.
Various phishing attempts have a very similar wording. The the small
- but important - difference is, this Email neither asks for personal
information nor tries to redirect (with a well-crafted hyperlink) to
a website asking for such. It's ridiculous how dull this spamming
anti-culture made us.

That said, I think it's a good point in time to express a big THANK
YOU to Seppo for keeping this list running all the years. This list
was valuable in the beginnings, is valuable now and there is no doubt
it will stay so in the future. Here one can discuss things which are
most interesting, but don't fit into other parts of the oh-so
commercial world.

Regards,
Markus Hitter

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter