Re: [rp-ml] free STL Files and other (free) things we wish for in the new year

From: Adrian Bowyer <A.Bowyer_at_bath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu Jan 07 2010 - 22:36:08 EET

No really worthwhile human achievement has ever been instigated on the
basis of demonstrable cost-effectiveness. I wouldn't go so far as to
say also that nothing worthwhile has ever been done in the pursuit of
money - Rembrandt and Beethoven accepted commissions, after all - but
most things that are really worth doing involve little or no financial
reward.

And, of course, with no commissions Rembrandt and Beethoven would still
have painted and composed, because their primary motivation was a desire
to create something worthwhile regardless of the reward...

Best wishes

Adrian

Dr Adrian Bowyer
http://people.bath.ac.uk/ensab