Re: [rp-ml] free STL Files and other (free) things we wish for in the new year

From: Adrian Bowyer <A.Bowyer_at_bath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 22:26:51 EET

G. Sachs wrote:

> certainly DNA exchange, might count as one of the most fundamental and
> low-level forms of currency exchange, the currency in this case being
> 'BENEFICIAL biological information'.

Then it's bartering or giving*, not money. The key aspects of money are
that it is a _worthless_ token of trust and exchange that it is very
difficult to forge. Swapping real valuable goods (like nectar in return
for pollination) is the opposite of what I mean.

---
*Of course kin selection means that it makes sense for organisms to give
real non-token resources (like milk) to relatives.
Best wishes
Adrian
Dr Adrian Bowyer
http://people.bath.ac.uk/ensab