Re: [rp-ml] free STL Files and other things we wish for in the new year

From: Elaine Hunt <ewhunt_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue Jan 05 2010 - 15:47:41 EET

I always said my retirement job would be sitting in the mall using RP to print out jewelry using grandkids and pets. Gold and silver was my material of choice. Rich Binning and I planned this as early as 1989 at one of the first SME/RP events since Rich's son had died at the hands of a drunk driver. Rich wanted to build a bust of his son to keep his memory alive.

What would consumers want? Things that enrich their lives!  Now figure out how to make RP do that for the average person and you have the next BIG technology application.

I am scanning in all the old pictures I can find of my kin. Now I would like to combine them into one large (36"x48") canvas of all the people that make up my historical significance. Printing that large picture out in 3D would make these people come alive for me.

Keep you imagination alive...

Elaine