Re: [rp-ml] plastic welding FDM parts

From: Sebastien Bailard <penguin_at_supermeta.com>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 21:00:59 EET

I don't mean to spam the list, but a RepRap extrusion head may function as a crude plastic welding tool. In truth, it may require a bit of redesign of the tip. But at least it would be motorized, and it could be hacked to take the same filament your workhorse machine uses.

This is probably more of a pipe dream, but may be of interest for the few folk who have built RepRap-type machines or who make an extruder head quickly. I've never done any plastic welding, so take this all with a grain of salt.

-Sebastien