Re: [rp-ml] Educational Machine

From: Delft Spline Systems <info_at_spline.nl>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 10:22:52 EEST

Hi Brent,

The most effective use of this budget would be to invest in Subtractive RP (desktop milling machines), as for this money you can buy a few systems (low price) and also keep them running for a long time (low operational cost). Seeing that you already offer many Additive RP systems it even makes more sense to add SRP in order to include a broad range of options in your course.

A few examples of SRP in education can be seen on www.deskproto.com/gallery/reference.htm#education
(click on a picture for a story).

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

At 16-09-2009, you wrote:
>All:
>
>I am planning to buy, within the next 2 weeks, an educationally-focused 3D
>printer for use in our undergraduate design and manufacturing courses
>(freshmen and sophomores primarily but also a technical elective course). I
>am currently planning to buy a V-flash. I want to spend between $10k-$20k.
>I already have FDM, ZCorp, SLS, LENS and UC technology.
>
>Any recommendations?
>
>Can anyone using the V-flash tell me whether or not it is good for
>educational purposes and robust enough for students to use and post-process?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Brent
>
>_____________________________________
>Brent Stucker, Ph.D.
>Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
>Engineering Bldg. Rm. 419H
>Utah State University
>Logan, UT 84322-4130
>phone: +1 435-797-8173
>fax: +1 435-797-2417
>email: brent.stucker@usu.edu

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info_at_spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com