RE: [rp-ml] Adaptive Slicing

From: Steven Adler \(A3DM \) <adler_at_a3dm.com>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 18:41:47 EEST

Carl

We have been using adaptive slicing for many years. It seems to fit well
with our jetting technology and can save quite a bit of time if the geometry
is appropriate for the technique. It also allows us to reduce the stair step
on small critical features where we want to increase resolution but only on
one or two critical features of the geometry.

I suspect that DLP and SLA technologies are less likely to be users due to
the variations in interlayer adhesion that occur which can lead to part
cleavage and very obvious changes in surface finish at the layer thickness
change point. The more likely commercial candidates for this technique would
be the 3D Systems Projet and Solidscape technologies due to their
inter-layer leveling / milling.

Read Today's Blog at

http://www.jckonline.com/blog/1020000502.html

Steven Adler