[rp-ml] Adaptive Slicing

From: Hauser, Carl <C.Hauser_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 11:34:27 EEST

Dear All,

I would be interested to hear views on the use of adaptive slicing techniques (varying layer thickness) within the RP/RM industry . To my knowledge, the use of adaptive layering techniques in commercial technologies is somewhat lacking although there are a number of references offering alternative mathematical approaches to a common theme (although many don't appear to put theory into practise!). Perhaps the problem is linked to reliability / integrity of adaptive slicing algorithms or more likely - hardware is restricted to a finite number of slice parameters in which layers can be successfully be created. I am guessing that DLP and SLA systems might be a good vehicle to test adaptive slicing methods? As always views of the RPML members much appreciated.

Incidentally I am putting together a literature review!

Best Regards

Carl

Dr Carl Hauser.
Department of Engineering