Re: [rp-ml] 3D scanning of insects

From: John Morewood <john-morewood_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 23:50:22 EEST

Hi Javier,
    Well when I worked at R.C.A's David Sarnoff Research Center
Princeton New Jersey, we had some down time so
I flashed Al onto a silverfish (Lespisma sacchrina) and scanned it in an
electron microscope - was quite impressive to
see how many parisites it was carrying on it's exoskeleton. If I
remember though, I had to spend about a week
cleaning everything to get rid of all sorts of organics that out gassed
as a result of the experiment. Well worth the
time and effort spent though, as an empirical experiment in the
possibilities of using materials sciences equipment
for non-designated purposes (thinking out side the box)

-jay-

--

~~~~~~~~~~~ Zip-Bit, Inc., 1488 Constanso Way, San Jose, Ca, 95129 ~~~~~~~~~~~