[rp-ml] Using dental water jet on SLS

From: Anderson, Theodore E. (MSFC-EM40)[Raytheon - Jacobs] <theodore.e.anderson_at_nasa.gov>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 16:17:44 EEST

Does anyone have any experience using a dental water jet or dental water pick on SLS parts to clean them? I was thinking about using a dental water jet to finish the cleaning of SLS parts after I removed the majority of the powder but I am not sure how well that would work. I would assume you would need to get a higher end dental water jet (one similar to the dentist's) because the ones available at Wal-Mart etc. don't provide much pressure.

Ted Anderson
Rapid Prototyping Lab
Raytheon
Jacobs MSFC ESTS Contract