RE: [rp-ml] Design for (Rapid) Manufacturing

From: Shane Collins <k.shane.collins_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 18:20:44 EET

Dear Greg and Joe,

Sorry about any confusion with my phrase “Funny you should mention turbine
blades…….” Further discussion would be within the terms of a PIA in place.

I can disclose that intermetallic compounds with interesting mechanical
properties at high temperature are available in powder form. Arcam
manufacturers a system with a part bed temperature above 850°C that can make
complex shapes with some of these powders.

And I agree we are getting way off topic.

Shane

Shane Collins

805 427 0019