Re: [rp-ml] Design for (Rapid) Manufacturing

From: <thomas_at_small-architecture.com>
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 19:13:49 EET

Dear All,

Included below are some links to work that aim to use the inherent, both material as well as process based, propertires of the various additive processes as a fundamental and inherent component in their realization, i.e. the ideas were't pre-conceived after which a process was chosen, but some of the specific, call them, 'idiosynrasies' of the chosen process was included as a design feature - as in using the support-scaffolding of the SLA process in the actual design, or positioning/ fabricating the design in such a way that the 'stair-stepping' pattern is allowed to form an utilitarian texture in the end piece...

http://smarchitecture.blogspot.com/2008/12/syncretic-exhibit-work-continued-iii.html

http://smarchitecture.blogspot.com/2008/12/syncretic-exhibit-work-continued-ii.html (scroll a bit further down)...

http://smarchitecture.blogspot.com/2009/02/contextual-winter-design.html

Regards,

Tom Modeen PhD AA Dipl. MPhil (RCA) BFA SAFA
Director
smArchitecture
Kuwait/ London