[rp-ml] Time Compression Expo Sellout

From: Lisa Dodge <LDodge_at_gardnerweb.com>
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 17:25:16 EET

  <http://www.timecompressionexpo.com/>

Co-located with MoldMaking Expo & NPE: The International Plastics Showcase

June 22-26, 2009 || McCormick Place, Chicago, IL

Unlike any other event in the product development space with a conference and
exposition, this event is backed by a topic-specific magazine and website.

Gardner Publications, which is putting on the Time Compression Expo, produces
12 trade magazines in the plastics, composites, automotive, metalworking,
finishing, and product development space. So in addition to the Time
Compression-specific properties, we are using our other publications and
their websites to promote the event. Our database is on the order of 300,000
people, so there is a great reach.

Because this is a first-ever event, we decided that we would partner with the
people from NPE: The International Plastics Showcase. In 2006, there were
75,000 attendees at the NPE show (of which 5,951 expressed an interest in
rapid prototyping equipment and software; 6,254 in rapid tooling; and 3,024
in prototyping services).

Even if the current economic situation causes a decline in attendance, there
will still be a critical mass of important people at the event-more than at
any other event.

As a matter of fact, the response to this first event is extremely
positive...read on -

PRESS RELEASE: March 2, 2009

Debut Time Compression Expo Defies Economic Downturn

Floor-space Sells Out

Faster Product Development & Rapid Prototyping Key to Economic Turnaround

The debut Time Compression Expo--which is being held June 22 to 26 at
McCormick Place in Chicago, co-located with NPE 2009: The International
Plastics Showcase and the MoldMaking Expo--has sold out its 3,000-square feet
of floor space. According to Lisa Dodge, program development manager for
Gardner Publications, the Cincinnati-based publisher that is the organizer of
the Time Compression Expo and publisher of Time Compression magazine, "The
response to our inaugural event shows that even in these trying economic
times people recognize that the ability to accelerate product development is
vital to market success. The eighteen exhibitors that have purchased the
floor space are all firms that can help companies significantly decrease
their time to market."*

floor space is being added to the Time Compression Expo in the West Building
of McCormick Place.

Travis Egan, publisher of Time Compression magazine, observes, "We're finding
that even though companies are cutting back on expenditures, they are still
interested in finding the ways and means to improve their processes so that
they can grow their bottom lines. Rapid prototyping and other
faster-to-market technologies are proving to be of vital importance to
companies in all industries, ranging from consumer goods to industrial
equipment."

According to attendee statistics from NPE 2006:

* 5,951 were interested in rapid prototyping equipment
* 6,254 were interested in rapid tooling
* 3,024 were interested in prototyping services

Although NPE is held every three years, Dodge says that the Time Compression
Expo will be an annual event. One of the advantages for companies exhibiting
at the 2009 event is that they obtain priority status for booth space
selection for the 2010 expo.

To register for NPE2009, Time Compression Expo, and other activities
including technical tracks and plant tours, go to:
www.timecompressionexpo.com/attend/register.html

To learn about exhibiting at the Time Compression Expo, contact Lisa Dodge at
ldodge@gardnerweb.com or 734/709-3822.

*The eighteen organizations that have booked space are: 3D Systems, Armstrong
Mold, Axis Prototypes, DSM Somos, Dimension 3D Printing, EOS North America,
Exact Metrology, Time Compression, GPI Prototypes & Manufacturing Services,
Hexagon Metrology, Met-L-Flo, Metalise It. . . .America, Objet Geometries,
PTI Engineered Plastics, Stratasys, The Ex One Company, Seaway Plastics
Engineering, Xcentric Mold & Engineering, and 3DSUG.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Lisa Dodge

Product Development Manager

Gardner Publications, Inc.

705 South Main Street, Suite 205

Plymouth, Michigan 48170-2089 USA

734.709.3822 || ldodge@gardnerweb.com

Time Compression Conference & Exposition

Co-located with MoldMaking Expo & NPE: The International Plastics Showcase

June 22-26, 2009

McCormick Place, Chicago, IL

image001.jpg