RE: [rp-ml] Fwd: Jet Wax Materials for Solidscape 3D Systems

From: Steven Adler \(A3DM \) <adler_at_a3dm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 00:52:06 EET

Joe

I would advise Caveat Emptor for now.

There is some testing being done but, it seems unrealistic to me that these materials could be “It is 100% compatible InduraCast, BlueCast, Bluecast 2 and ProtoBuild materials” and “100% compatible with Solidscape’s InduraFill and ProtoSupport”

Truth be told…… the older and newer Solidscape materials named are not 100% compatible with each other so it is hard concieve that jet-wax could be possibly be so accomodating. Solidscape jet materials, both build and support, will also have different viscosities and thus configurations used to determine dot pitch rely on these specific and measurable properties for functional accuracy. Obviously, I am concerned about the assertions made by the manufacturer and will report on the findings after adequate testing.

Read Today's Blog at

http://www.jckonline.com/blog/1020000502.html

Steven Adler

A3DM