RE: [rp-ml] Low Cost 3D Scanning

From: David DeVowe <davidd_at_theqcgroup.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 17:22:29 EET

Doug,

We perform a lot of scans that are well under $500. Most of the cost
however is in post-processing (that is producing the parametric file,
creating a NURBS surface, etc.). It's all dependent on what you need to
do next with the file that drives a large portion of the cost. As an
example, if you want a scan of the 25 cm x 2.5 cm object compared to an
existing CAD model, the cost would be $378. Developing a new CAD model
from the scan would add cost to the project, depending on the complexity
of the shape.

David DeVowe

General Manager

The QC Group, Inc.