[rp-ml] Digital Stone in China

From: Andrew Werby <awerby_at_computersculpture.com>
Date: Sat Nov 29 2008 - 22:45:36 EET

Digital Stone Exhibition in China

I recently travelled to Shanghai, where I caught
the opening of the Digital Stone Exhibition at the
Doland Museum of Modern Art. Four eminent
sculptors delivered small RP models to a
stone-carving facility in southern China, which
"pointed them up" in their usual manner, producing
large-sized versions in granite and marble. The
"e-form" portion of the show also includes a large
number of other artists (including myself) who
work with digitally-mediated forms and output them
using RP or CNC machines. The show continues to
the JinSe Gallery in Chongquing next month.

See:
http://www.computersculpture.com/Pages/Index_Blog.html

Enjoy!

Andrew Werby