[rp-ml] supporting flat area above another flat area issue

From: <David.Oblak_at_Coulter.Com>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 14:42:57 EEST

Hello all,

I'm running into a support issue when supporting a flat area above another
flat area. Basically, the flats are parallel to each other and the
platform. Distance is irrelevant . The beginning support from the platform
to the first flat is fine. It's the bottom of the support structure (which
should attach from the top surface of the bottom flat) seems to lose
itself as it grows higher and eventually doesn't attach to the bottom
surface of the above flat. At times I lose most of the support but some
grows in the "stringy, fuzzy" mode. I've increased the overcure and also
increased the bottom contact. Sometimes this works but I still have
issues. I hope I didn't confuse anyone. Any suggestions will help.

Regards,

Dave Oblak
Beckman/Coulter, Inc.
Principal Model Maker
Mechanical Design/RP

305.380.3764 desk
786.639.3764 fax
david.oblak@coulter.com
mailgatemia2.beckman.com made the following annotations
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.