[rp-ml] Please respond off list!

From: Hauser, Carl <C.Hauser_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 00:11:34 EEST

Dear RPML'ers,

We seem to be moving into a new phase where many rp-ml emails are asking for responses off list - surely this is missing the point of the mailing list. My view would be that the person replying should be the one to decide whether the content is appropriate for public or private viewing. Many emails, although not directly relevant to my work, are of general interest no matter how obscure some may be. It is often good to see what other people are doing / interested in by the questions they ask and the questions they reply to. Am I the only one thinking this way?

Please respond on list!

Regards

Carl.

Dr Carl Hauser