Re: [rp-ml] QuickParts online quoting (patent 7305367)

From: <Kaiser3DLLC_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 23:00:15 EEST

Kevin,

     I couldn't agree with you more. If what I call a "real quote" comes out
more than an "instant online quote", then obviously go with the "instant
online quote", but buyer always beware. Instant online quoting is a fast, moving
target that is less than accurate than real time quoting because of its
calculation using a box volume. Most companies quote in real time using the human
factor with OEM applications software to accurately quote a part that has been
electronically sent. As I learned in Economics, Monopolies are illegal in the
U.S. and any patent that is issued where the issuer doesn't realize an idea
would create exactly that, isn't a true patent at all. I think the most
important question here is why would anyone ever file for a patent that would
possibly give them sole ownership of a process that is a basis for all business
operations in nearly all the world, not just RP? If the patent is only for
"instant online quoting", well, good luck to the company that filed for that because
I think you probably just sent yourself to the RP Gulag.

Robert Kiser
Kaiser3D
_http://www.kaiser3d.com_ (http://www.kaiser3d.com)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.