Re: [rp-ml] Automated Parting Software

From: John Eric Voltin <jevoltin_at_agile-technology.com>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 01:47:44 EEST

There are tools used in conjunction with CAD programs (such as SolidWorks,
Pro/Engineer, etc.) that aid in mold design. I don't know if they will
completely automate the creation of parting lines, but they do make the
process go a faster than doing it by hand. I suspect all of them require
some user input to guide the placement of the parting lines.

Is that the type of tool you are seeking?

 - John

John Eric Voltin
Mechanical Engineer
Agile Technology