Re: [rp-ml] Watch Cases

From: Ricardo Amaral <rp-ml_at_modellistica.com.br>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 22:45:45 EEST
Hi Lloyd,

AFAIK in any casted fabrication contact surfaces need to be machined, threading included.

A watch runs in really tight tolerance, way thinner than a Solid-Scape system can deliver (I have a couple). I don't know the correct english terms, but you should design it with extra material enough to be machined later, and would use it around 3 or four times the Solid-Scape tolerances thick.

And I don't think internal gearing should even be considered for casting, if you are thinking of that.

Ricardo