Re: [rp-ml] RP Vaporware

From: Todd Pederzani <tpederzani_at_protocam.com>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 16:43:09 EEST

Taylor, Tracy L PWR wrote:
> What about the betaware products that were released long before the
> development cycle was complete. Being really late to market hopefully
> means that they are fixing the problems before release. Releasing a
> product to market that isn't ready seems much worse to me. I wonder how
> many on the list have purchased products that required their expertise
> and ingenuity to work the bugs out. I know a few.

Out of curiosity, do you personally consider the Viper Pro a 'betaware'
product? That seems to be the core of the lawsuit between Tangible
Express and 3D Systems...

To a lesser extent, the Viper si^2 supposedly has the capacity to
self-tune its laser, but the associated software was never developed,
classing it vaporware feature in my book. Admittedly, that information
is second-hand, and that functionality was never advertised to the
end-users.

--
Todd Pederzani          tpederzani@protocam.com
ProtoCAM                Information Technology