Re: [rp-ml] perfactory or solidscape???

From: Delft Spline Systems <info_at_spline.nl>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 22:29:55 EET

Hi Tom,

For creating jewelry wax models do not forget to look at desktop CNC machining (subtractive RP), as that offers a surface quality superior to any additive RP process. For some examples see our website at
www.deskproto.com/gallery/reference.htm#jewelry
Click on any picture for a story.
Other advantages of CNC machining are the price (both system and material cost), the fact that any STL file can be read, also if the geometry is no complete solid, and the robustness of the process (no problem to restart after some weeks of not using the machine).

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

At 14:29 04-02-2008, you wrote:
>dear RPer,
>we want to enter to the jewel design and manufacturing. we want to use suitable RP machine for jewelry industry. which is better? EnvisionTec perfactory or Solidscape T66 ? which has better surface quality corresponding demand on jewelry industry?
>regards
>tom

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info_at_spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com