Re: [rp-ml] perfactory or solidscape???

From: Ricardo Amaral <rp-ml_at_modellistica.com.br>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 15:58:16 EET

Hi Tom,

I run a couple of solid-scapes. There is one envisiontec here in Brazil also. They are completely different animals.

My customers don't like the perfactory. Some of them tried it and gave up. I have run test parts for people used to the perfactory, they didn't like the result. But the first is more often than the second.

I, of course, prefer the solid-scape and think it delivers better parts and is better factory wise. It's matterial burns perfectly and I had parts casted in metal-age foundries. It's only flaw is material resistance, but it's manageable. It's unbeatable in pavès, on the other hand.

If it's for your own use, hire services from both and make up you own opinion. That's the safest route.

Ricardo