Re: [rp-ml] Windowpanes and Open Build Style for Viper SLA

From: Markus Hitter <mah_at_jump-ing.de>
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 01:30:20 EET

Am 19.01.2008 um 18:46 schrieb Vincent Chan:

> but how do you measure the line spacing, hs?

Usually, you trust the software. If the software is capable of
calculating 100 mm length of a part accurately, most people expect it
to calculate hatch spacing correctly as well.

If you have no access to the software's internals, you could try with
a camera while running the machine in a darkened room. SLA resins
have some "afterglow" which lasts a second or two, so you have a good
chance to count the lines the laser has written.

> I am told that the energy exposure, Eav, can also be controlled by
> altering
> the Hatch Overcure values in an open Build Style.

Sounds reasonable. Overcure = more curing depth = additional laser
energy. Add more Overcure and the laser will move slower.

> If that is the case, does anybody have an open Build Style, and how
> would I be able to read it?

I'm a few years out of this business but when SLAs had the DOS based
software on the machine controller, tweaking parameters was pretty
easy. Tweaking parameters to get better results is "slightly" more
difficult ...

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/