Re: [rp-ml] Transparent Demonstration Model

From: Andrew Layton (andrew.layton@marc.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2007 - 18:19:19 EET

It's the SL-9100 series resin from Huntsman. There is a separate
style file that is used to define the highlighted areas rather than
doing a series of overlays, upping the overcure values (added work).

At 05:47 AM 12/28/2007, Andy wrote:
>Hi Jonathon
>
>There are a few University run this material and I would think that
>Materialise would also run it.
>I think it is now a Huntsman resin.
>
>There is also another solution to what you want to achieve. You will
>need 2 stl files to do this, 1 is
>the original file and the other is the file of the part you need to
>be more opaque. Insert the parts where you need them
>(1 inside the other) and then up the hatch over cure value on the
>part that you want to be darker.
>If you are unsure how to up the over cure or the style file will not
>let you, then just create copies of the file that needs
>to be darker in the same CAD space( if you have 4 copies in the same
>space it will get 4 times the over cure)
>
>If you need any further info then feel free to contact me
>
>Kind regards
>
>Andy Allshorn
>Company Director
>ALLSHORN RP CONSULTANCY LTD
>+447789713087

Mr. Andrew C. Layton, MSME, MSMgmt
Research Engineer, Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Institute
Georgia Institute of Technology, 813 Ferst Drive NW, Mail Stop 0560,
Atlanta, GA 30332
Phone: (404) 385-1053 Fax: (404) 894-3913