Re: [rp-ml] Transparent Demonstration Model

From: Andy (ne_mail_4me@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2007 - 12:47:51 EET

Hi Jonathon There are a few University run this material and I would think that Materialise would also run it. I think it is now a Huntsman resin. There is also another solution to what you want to achieve. You will need 2 stl files to do this, 1 is the original file and the other is the file of the part you need to be more opaque. Insert the parts where you need them (1 inside the other) and then up the hatch over cure value on the part that you want to be darker. If you are unsure how to up the over cure or the style file will not let you, then just create copies of the file that needs to be darker in the same CAD space( if you have 4 copies in the same space it will get 4 times the over cure) If you need any further info then feel free to contact me Kind regards Andy Allshorn Company Director ALLSHORN RP CONSULTANCY LTD +447789713087 ----- Original Message ---- From: Bob Olsen <Bob@protogenic.com> To: Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint) <chertok@universaljointdesign.com>; Rp-ml <rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi> Sent: Thursday, 27 December, 2007 9:55:12 PM Subject: RE: [rp-ml] Transparent Demonstration Model Jonathan, quick thought. There was a medical grade SLA material that you could turn red in certain spots to highlight tumors, etc. Would a service bureau running that be able to help? My recollection is the base color was that old yellowish SLA color. ProtoMed, a company we used to be affiliated with, ran it, don't know if they still do. http://www.protomed.net/ Regards, Bob -----Original Message----- From: owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi [mailto:owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi] On Behalf Of Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint) Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:42 PM To: Rp-ml Subject: [rp-ml] Transparent Demonstration Model Looking for suggestions for a transparent model material that allows one to do color, or semi-opaque planes, within the body of the model. Much appreciate any leads, knowledge on whether this exists, or suggestions on how to accomplish a workaround. Best wishes for a great 2008. Sincerely, Jonathan -- Universal Joint Design Associates Jonathan Chertok. Principal AIA Associate Austin, Texas 1 512 407 9628 Development + Design + Construction http://www.universaljointdesign.com [ bLOG ] on digital tools, rapid prototyping technologies and the fabrication of free-form structure. This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender (via the phone number above or email) and permanently delete the original as well as any copy thereof. Do not use any files or other data, via ftp or other means, without subsequent permission in writing. UJDA does not accept any liability for the contents of this e-mail or its attachments. __________________________________________________________ Sent from Yahoo! Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail.yahoo.com