Re: Re: [rp-ml] Postings going to spam folder

From: manak lal jain (manaklj@rediffmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 08:15:26 EET

Hello, The same case happening with me also since last 6 month. I observed about 90% of rp-mail is going in my spam folder but I made a regualr habit to see my spam folder. This is for information only. With best wishes, Dr. M. L. Jain On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 EdGrenda@aol.com wrote : > >In a message dated 11/14/2007 9:06:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, >sachsg@sbcglobal.net writes: > >I noticed this happening several months ago, but never got around to asking >if others have had this problem. It seems that (with Yahoo mail at least) >quite a few postings to rp-ml (but not all) get put into my spam folder and then >I have to take them out and indicate that they are not really spam. I don't >know if anyone else has had this problem, but if so, it could be preventing >many messages from getting through to subscribers and maybe this has even led >to the apparent drop in postings and responses (but then I guess if ALL rp-ml >messages are somehow going into your spam folder, you won't get this message >either). So if you haven't already - maybe you should check that spam folder >once in a while. I'd be interested in learning if a lot of you are having >this happen. > >G. Sachs > > > > >Hi George: > >Once in a while - especially for certain writers - the machinery here using >2 different ISP's will throw something into the trash. Not a problem because >I've always been the kind of person that likes to rummage through dumps >anyway, and this is just another manifestation. > >I'm afraid the problem with fewer messages is fewer messages, and probably >considerably lower list membership, as well. That can no longer be checked >publicly (function disabled last time I looked), but I see it reflected in >aspects of my work, as well. > >We're seeing some level of maturity and many of the original tweety birds >have had their curiosity satisfied or became disaffected long ago. Nowadays we >generally know what the state of the art is and what can be accomplished with >existing technology. There are also now some clear winners and losers as >well as entrenched interests, which also tend to squelch the conversation. > >Applications continue to expand, but I think it will be a new crowd and >they're either not here or not quite up to speed yet. If the problems of price, >ease of use, accuracy, speed and materials continue to be improved this will >be the lull before the storm. > >Storms are quite unpredictable when they're still a ways off, though. > > >Ed Grenda >Castle Island Co. >_EdGrenda@aol.com_ (mailto:EdGrenda@aol.com) (email) > >The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping >http://home.att.net/~castleisland/ > > > >************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com