Re: [rp-ml] Postings going to spam folder

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 17:25:07 EET

In a message dated 11/14/2007 9:06:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sachsg@sbcglobal.net writes:

I noticed this happening several months ago, but never got around to asking
if others have had this problem. It seems that (with Yahoo mail at least)
quite a few postings to rp-ml (but not all) get put into my spam folder and then
I have to take them out and indicate that they are not really spam. I don't
know if anyone else has had this problem, but if so, it could be preventing
many messages from getting through to subscribers and maybe this has even led
to the apparent drop in postings and responses (but then I guess if ALL rp-ml
messages are somehow going into your spam folder, you won't get this message
either). So if you haven't already - maybe you should check that spam folder
once in a while. I'd be interested in learning if a lot of you are having
this happen.

G. Sachs

Hi George:

Once in a while - especially for certain writers - the machinery here using
2 different ISP's will throw something into the trash. Not a problem because
I've always been the kind of person that likes to rummage through dumps
anyway, and this is just another manifestation.

I'm afraid the problem with fewer messages is fewer messages, and probably
considerably lower list membership, as well. That can no longer be checked
publicly (function disabled last time I looked), but I see it reflected in
aspects of my work, as well.

We're seeing some level of maturity and many of the original tweety birds
have had their curiosity satisfied or became disaffected long ago. Nowadays we
generally know what the state of the art is and what can be accomplished with
existing technology. There are also now some clear winners and losers as
well as entrenched interests, which also tend to squelch the conversation.

Applications continue to expand, but I think it will be a new crowd and
they're either not here or not quite up to speed yet. If the problems of price,
ease of use, accuracy, speed and materials continue to be improved this will
be the lull before the storm.

Storms are quite unpredictable when they're still a ways off, though.

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
_EdGrenda@aol.com_ (mailto:EdGrenda@aol.com) (email)

The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/