Re: [rp-ml] Support side SLA parts, ultrasonic cleaning?

From: James P. Harrison (harrjp@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 15:30:08 EEST

I got tired of using several solvents and went to just one, ISP. I then reclaimed it with a used still that I bought. I think the still cost around $1,500 in 2001. It greatly reduced our solvent cost and reduced our waste output. I first did it with Pratt & Whitney back in 1990. We have tried the ultrasonic cleaner with just about every solvent we could get our hands on. The ISP did the best work in the end, if you can stand the smell. We had a large fume hood and still had issues.

Good Luck,
Jim

James P. Harrison, President
Bitter Blue Lawn & Garden
1621 NW 77th Way
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
954-981-2626 "Home of the Only Propane Powered Lawnmower"

-- Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

Am 23.07.2007 um 15:53 schrieb Wehl:

> I would like to know if there is some sort of better solution then
> after using TPM tank and water rinsing, afterwards scrubbing the
> support side of the parts with alcohol in order to get rid of that
> gelly like, sticky layer?????

How about doing all cleaning with alcohol (isopropanol) only? I had
best experience with laying fresh parts into isopropanol for 5 to 10
minutes, then brushing them under a small flow of fresh solvent.

You can distill isopropanol to get it back into a fully clean state,
no need to dispose any solvent. The remains of the distillation are
UV-cureable.

Markus Hitter

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/