[rp-ml] Asking Kindly For Help - Magics

From: DarekL (tonclass@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 15:55:26 EEST

I've run into a problem with service bureau that was about to print my model
for the client. It's a cruise ship in 1/1250 scale. Very heavy geometry. I
did it many times before and never had any major issues. Normally because
how complex the model is I design it in overlapping segments. Mesh those in
Rhino and let the SB make the final Boolean mesh with their Magics software.
If I were to do it in Rhino my machine would have crash in an instant. It's
also better to mesh segments because this way I can adjust mesh settings for
different parts which not always come out good at the same setting.
Now the SB tells me they are unable to Boolean the model. It's surprising
because I did this model last year with different company and in large
scale, with even more overlapping segments and it worked just fine. I
suspect they might not be very familiar with Magics or on the other hand
there is in fact some problem with my stl files. Therefore I'd like to seek
a second opinion.
I know there are a lot of great people here on this forum and hopefully one
of them would be willing to take a look at my model and see whether there is
or isn't any problem with it. I am especially looking for Magics owners...:)
Thank you kindly.

Darius