Re: [rp-ml] File Formats and Planar Mesh

From: Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint) (chertok@universaljointdesign.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2007 - 19:33:47 EEST

List.

Upon reflection (and some insight from the list) I think we are actually
looking to find out what the state of the art is with respect to
"converters" for going from nurbs and stl to quads.

In particular we are interested in software/methods to control facet
size, maximum surface deviation of the facets (from the original
surface), degree of planarity of facets, "rectangularity" and similar
controls.

Anyone aware of software that makes this process particularly
transparent or is particularly adept at this procedure?

Much Thanks,

Jonathan

--
Universal Joint Design Associates