Re: [rp-ml] NG

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 11:59:54 EEST

Am 30.06.2007 um 16:00 schrieb Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint):

> I find NG's most convenient when I can get it into mail handler
> like Thundbird (or Outlook etc) as a dedicated account.

"NG" = newsgroups? Last time I checked this type of communication, I
recognised some 30% to 70% message drop. News get copied from server
to server, each time with a little loss. The more distant two
participants are, the less likely they get the opposite's messages.

> That way my inbox stays relatively clean and clear, and I can drop
> in as necessary when time allows.

With mailing lists, you can get this behaviour by setting up a simple
mail rule. "Sender is owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi" works reliably for me.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/